Post by geoffdean on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:04 pm

Who is God?
God is the Judge.

What has God done for us?
Brings justice to an unjust world.

What has he promised?
The godless nations will vanish.

Interpretation:
I was particularly drawn to Chapter 10 verses 4 through 7. People think that God won't do anything about their wickedness. They are wrong. Someday the Ultimate supreme court will rule and there will be no appeal process.

Application:
We often hear how "unjust" a God would be if he sent "good" people to hell. These people who think they are good are too prideful to see how evil they really are. They judge goodness based off of a worldly standard and not God's standard. They think truth is relative not absolute. They believe that the Bible needs to be updated and modernized. They believe they can explain their way into eternal happiness whatever that may mean for them. They are wrong. How sad God must be to know that so many people that he loves will be sentenced to death because of their pride and arrogance. I pray that I help some see that the judgement is coming and it is true justice, so that they can be on God's side of the verdict.

Belief Statement: I believe that God is just. His judgement is right and their is no need for appeal.
geoffdean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: God is more powerful than the Supreme Court

Post by Admin on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:03 am

Romans 3:25-26 wrote:God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

I love that God figured out a way to be just and yet to be the one who JUSTifies (i.e. makes me just and right in his eyes) sinners like me - he did it through the shedding of Jesus blood.

People wonder how can God be loving AND just - the answer is to look to the cross - "Where wrath and mercy meet"

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://jmbc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top