2014 World Champions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2014 World Champions

Post by geoffdean on Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:58 pm

I have always wondered why I am not embarrassed to raise two arms to signal a touchdown when watching a Fresno State Game, yet I am not willing to raise hands to worship God.
I have to say I only get excited enough to raise my hands if I am actually at a live game. There's something about being surrounded by other people who share my excitement.
I am not going to go as far as to say it's other people that make me do it, but it's easy to get excited when you're surrounded by other enthusiastic worshippers opps I mean fans.
In church, there are times I feel the urge to lift my hands , but the thoughts of how it will be perceived sneak in. My thoughts of how I perceive others sneak in. Why do I judge those who lift their hands. I guess it's because some look like they are genuinely worshiping and others appear to be lifting hands so people will see what amazing worshippers they are. That's the problem. It's my own judgement. I should not be judging their genuineness of worship, but only my own. Heck I guess I'm the fake because I don't raise my hands when I feelthe prompting to do so. That means I'm not worshipping as the Spirit is leading but am doing it for the attention of others alone. Brothers, please pray that we can all be the genuine worshiper that the Spirit prompts us to be. Pray that I stop judging others and focus on my own worship.

Belief Statement:
I believe that the Spirit of God prompts us to true worship and I should follow him.
geoffdean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2014 World Champions

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:01 am

"Brothers, please pray that we can all be the genuine worshiper that the Spirit prompts us to be."

Amen to that bro! I just wonder how our church would be different if just the men in the JMBC would worship as the spirit leads and be open to the Spirit is prompting

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://jmbc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top