Jesus Muscle Boot Camp
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enough is enough!

2 posters

Go down

Enough is enough! Empty Enough is enough!

Post by Lloyd Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:00 pm

Contentment. So elusive in today's society. But I think we have to ask ourselves how can we possibly worship God while chasing the next dollar. This verse always reminds me of a story of a Wall Street trader I watched a couple years ago. This was the story of a man who made millions and millions of dollars every year but admitted it was never enough. There was always someone making more. He recalled the previous year, how he received a bonus in the high six figures but was upset because another trader received a larger bonus. He admitted that his life had no joy, and certainly no contentment as he chased the next financial goal. Money clearly doesn't guarantee our happiness and if focused on clearly steals our joy and our time that would be better spent worshipping God! Worshipping God with my hands and head held high!!

Lloyd

Back to top Go down

Enough is enough! Empty Re: Enough is enough!

Post by Admin Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:06 am

I've heard stories like that before too but for some reason, I always think a bit more money will make life easier and I'd be content. But it isn't true. My only contentment can be found in Jesus.

Admin
Admin

https://jmbc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum